St. Andrew Vacation Bible School Policy
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14
St. Andrew Lutheran Church offers a Vacation Bible School program for children K3 to 3rd grade. Young children must be potty trained to attend. All children who attend must be signed in and out by a parent or guardian on each day at the designated area at the entrance to the church.
Vacation Bible School will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. and will end at 11:15 a.m. Please be prompt in dropping off and picking up.
Out of glory and honor to our Savior, Jesus Christ, when we are in God’s House for Vacation Bible School our actions will reflect the love we have for Him and will include:
- Respectful hands, (no hitting, throwing items, pushing or shoving)
- Respectful voices, (no yelling, no offensive or inappropriate language)
- Respectful feet, (no running, no kicking, etc.)
- Respectful dress (removing of hats, no clothing with offensive or inappropriate language)
In order to maintain an atmosphere that glorifies God and keeps His House holy, there may be rare instances where special actions need to be taken. In those rare events, the following will be implemented:
- The leader will take a student aside and deal with the incident as needed. When the staff deems it necessary, the parent will be contacted about the disruptive behavior.
- If the behavior continues, the parent will be contacted and will be required to sit with his/her child in Vacation Bible School for a duration agreed upon between the parent and teacher.
- If there are no behavioral changes, the parent and child will meet with the pastor of St. Andrew to devise a plan of action.
It is our prayer through our Vacation Bible School program that each child will be given the opportunity to develop to his or her fullest potential spiritually and with God’s blessing, he or she will see himself or herself as a unique and special individual in God’s world.